8.22.2013

My Paper Pumpkin: July Kit

While I still wait for my August Paper Pumpkin Kit to arrive, I can't help but wonder if it got sent to 2 incorrect locations because I still hadn't played with my July kit and posted my projects or WHAT?!
 
So here is what we got in the July Kit...

 
Supplies enough to make 2 cute banners!  3 mini background pattern stamps and Pool Party and Summer Starfruit ink spots!
 
When I got the kit in the mail, I knew that I wasn't going to create the banners themselves.  But I wanted to see what I could use the kit contents to make!
 
 
 
My first project was a scrapbook page of my last birthday.  So I guess I did use a banner...but I used it on a layout instead of a cake!
 
The base of my layout is Tangerine Tango.  I added in a strip of Pacific Point DSP on each side of the layout.  The half circles were create with my 3 patterned stamps, the ink spots from the kit and Whisper White cardstock.  I used the 1-1/4" Circle Punch to punch them out and then cut them in half before gluing them down.
 

  
My second project was a cute card!  I wanted to use the other skewers that came with the kit and make a banner but a typical card isn't large enough to spell out "PARTY" or "HOORAY".  So I laid out all of the letters to see what else I could spell.
 
I stamped the patterned stamps on the white banners to give them a little design.  Then I added in Pacific Point Baker's Twine too!
 
The "Happy Birthday" sentiment comes from the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set.
 

  
For my last project, I wanted to see what else I could spell using these cute circles.  "ROAR" jumped out at me and I thought it would be really cute paired with a little Tangerine Tango image of the lion from the Zoo Babies stamp set!  Am I right?
 
 
Supplies Used
**All projects used the July My Paper Pumpkin Kit**
 
Scrapbook Layout
Cardstock: Tangerine Tango textured, Whisper White
DSP: Brights Stack
Punch: 1-1/4" Circle
Embellishment: Baker's Twine - Whisper White
Adheives: Snail, Pop-Up Glue Dots (non-SU), Glue Dots
 
YAY Card
Cardstock: Crumb Cake
Stamp Set: Remembering Your Birthday
Ink: Pacifici Point
Embellishment: Baker's Twine - Pacific Point
Adhesives: Dimensionals, Tombow Multi-Purpose Glue, Glue Dots
 
ROAR Card
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Stamp Set: Zoo Babies
Ink: Tangerine Tango
Embellishment: Season of Style Washi Tape
Adheive: Snail
 
Sign up for My Paper Pumpkin here.  Use the code: pumpkindeal and get your first 2 months for only $10 per kit!  Choose me (Kim Ryden) as your demonstrator please!  Special is good through the end of August!

No comments: