8.28.2013

Hand Stamped Sentiments #167: Sketch

One of my friends and Design Team Sisters over at SSINKspiration, Bree, just started on the Hand Stamped Sentiments Design Team yesterday!  I love this sketch so I had to play along!
 
Here is the sketch...
 
 
And here is my card...

 
 
I started this card with a Basic Gray cardstock base and added a Very Vanilla half circle.  I created the circle using the Circles Collection Framelits Dies by Stampin' Up!.  I just stamped the Off the Grid Stamp in Smokey Slate ink and used the distress tool to rough up the edges.
 
The Witches Brew Washi Tape is one of my favorites!  I used that for the 3 strips along the bottom of the card.  The witch hat image comes from the Best of Halloween Stamp Set.
 
The candy dots on this card are some of my favorite products!  I ran out of Basic Black ones...so I just used a black Sharpie to color the Very Vanilla ones!  I think I will be doing this a lot with the colors that I don't use.  Black is one of my favorite colors!
 
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Very Vanilla
Stamp Sets: Best of Halloween, Off the Grid
Ink: Basic Black, Smokey Slate
Big Shot: Circles Collection Framelits Dies
Tools: Stampin' Distress Tool
Embellishments: Witches Brew Washi Tape, Candy Dots, Neutral
Adhesives: Snail, Dimensionals
Other: Black Sharpie
 
Purchase these products HERE!

10 comments:

Erin Gonzales said...

SO loving your card! I am such a sucker for clean and simple designs! Thanks so much for sharing with us at HSS!

Krista said...

I love your take on the sketch and adding the distressing to the circle. Great Halloween card! Thanks for joining us at HSS!

brrenwick said...

Super cute card! I love the distressed circle and the witches hat. Thanks for joining us at HSS!

Diane Vander Galien said...

So Cute!!! Love the use of the washi tape- perfect touch!!! Love the distressing!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Can't go wrong with washi tape! Love the background stamp you used here! THanks for playing at HSS!

Scrappy Géri said...

a really nice card using the washi tape! ;)

inkypinkies said...

I love your card and all your many details...Your stamped moon, coloring the candy dots (which I have not purchased yet but now I guess I have to :) and the awesome washi strips make one cute little card! Thanks for playing at HSS ~ Erika

Anonymous said...

Kim, I love how you used the washi tape to create a spooky Halloween card. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Elizabeth Price said...

I love, Love, LOVE this card. The hat says it all! Thanks for adding your fabulous Halloween card to our sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

Bobbie said...

I'm kicking myself because I didn't order that tape! I love this card. It's simple yet full of such fun detailing! So happy you joined us at HSS.