Ranch Flavored Pretzels
1 bag of sourdough pretzels
1 package of dry Ranch seasoning
1/3-1/2 cup olive oil
Pour pretzels into a big bowl. In a smaller bowl mix the ranch seasoning and olive oil (just mix in olive oil until it dissolves the dry mix...you can always add more olive oil later). Pour ranch mixture over the pretzels and stir. Stir every 10 minutes for 30-45 so that the pretzels will be marinated in the mixture. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or just until the olive oil is dry.
The original recipe also had a few tablespoons of dill in it but I like it better without!
And I have to admit...this is a relatively healthy snack too!
Anyway...I'm up watching the women's gymnastics while Sam is sleeping. Shhhh...
1. It is SO cold in our office. I think the temp is set on 65 degrees (Colette you would love it in here). I have learned that the key is wearing layers just in case one day the air is broken or something. So today I'm wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and a long sleeve jacket! I could be wearing socks and gloves and I think I would be just perfect! :)
2. I'm so excited for Sunday at 4:44pm! That's when I get to meet my husband at the airport and see him for the first time in 12 days! That is just too long! But it's only 2 days away!
3. Last night I went to see a $5 movie with my sister. We saw The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. It was a cute movie but I came to the conclusion that I will no longer go see teenage girl movies until the kids are back in school and I can go late on a weekday! Those 13-15 year old girls were annoying! I hope I wasn't that bad when I was a young teenager (but probably was)!
4. Tonight I'm going to Archiver's to crop with my church girlies for Danielle's birthday! So excited to get the cruise scrapbook done! I will post pictures tomorrow!
5. Guess what I'm taping tonight on TV? That's right, it's finally Olympics Opening Ceremonies time! YEAH! I have been watching the beginning of the Today show all week and I've been learning so much about the Olympic facilities and China. Kinda fun! I think I should make it my goal in life to attend the Olympics at some point in my life.
6. I have my first new catalog workshop tomorrow morning! I'm very excited to show off some new stamp sets, meet some new people, and let everyone have a chance to look at the new catalog soon! YEAH!
7. I need to clean my house. After my workshop tomorrow I will have to go home and clean up the clutter. Since I've been living alone for the past week (even Jess left on Tuesday) I have not really cared about cleaning up the clutter! So on Saturday I will have to get to work! I have stamping stuff everywhere!
8. Saturday evening I'm having my demo/ex-demo stamping friends over to hang out and look at the new catalog! I'm excited to see all of you again! It's been too long!
9. I am so not into working today! Can you tell?
10. I have the urge to stamp just for fun today. To make a card that I only make one of. I think I might have to do that at Archiver's tonight!
Well I hope to see all of you soon! Remember: Open House on Monday, 8/11 from 7-9pm!
To create the scratch and sniff: Use one part sugar free drink mix, two parts clear embossing powder. Ink the part of the stamp that you want to smell with Versamark Ink. Use your Stampin Write markers to color the stamp. Stamp on paper and cover with the drink mix/EP mixture. Use heat gun to emboss. DONE. So easy and so cute!
If you would like to be part of a club like this and meet at my house monthly just let me know. New clubs starting at the end of August!
This one was found in my craft room!
And this one was by the TV!
Then towards the end of General Session when Shelli was on stage, there was a doorbell that rang. In comes a UPS man with a SU box. Shelli asked if he was looking for someone and he said well yes he was. Shelli said that she could probably help him find who the package was for and asked whose name was on it. He said, "It says it's for EVERYONE!" And from there we all went wild! FREE STAMPS! There was confetti and a UPS truck came out with UPS employees and Stampin Up employees that were handing out stamp sets to EVERYONE! Yeah!
I'm so excited!
Here is the UPS logo because we later found out that UPS bought us all this set! Stampin Up uses them exclusively for shipping so they were kind enough to buy us all a stamp set! YEAH!
Here is the stamp set that we were given, Say it with Scallops. It is the Ronald McDonald stamp set this year. So for every stamp set that is purchased, Stampin Up will donate $2 to the Ronald McDonald House charities!
That night my roommates, Margie and Jeanette, and I went to eat dinner at Red Rock Brewery. YUMMY! I had that yummy burger Colette...are you jealous?! After that we decided to go to the mall and then we went back to the room and hung out while procrastinating packing! Here are some funny pictures!
I like 2008 the best! Make sure you check out all of the posts that I uploaded today...there were quite a few!
*Stampin Up ships out 4,000 orders daily.
*There were 125,000 orders placed this year during SAB.
*There are currently 48,000 demos.
*Starting in the September issue of Stampin Success (a demo only publication) they are going to combine the On Stage information in the same catalog to make it 32 pages. And every month we will get current information that would have been in the On Stage magazine!
Ronald McDonald stopped by...
This is for Colette. This was Linda's presentation on the main stage. She talked about the new DSP. She made this really cute bag!
Here are some other Decor Elements that will be in Phase 2. So cute!
Here is a sneak attack picture that I took of myself...fun huh Colette!
This is a fun picture that I took for Colette and my past convention buddies! You can tell that Sandy doesn't know what to think about me!
Sandy and me!
I spent the rest of the day just chillin in the hotel room! So fun!
Then before the presentation started I spotted Kristina Werner and got my picture taken with her! Check out her blog for a Stampin Up employee's view of covention. She is a designer for SU...designing stamp sets and papers. She does videos every Monday! They are fun!
I took this picture of the regional announcement for Kansas City! Can't wait for that one ladies! August 6th is sign up!
This room was on display. They stamped on the walls, used Decor Elements on the desk and chair, and used Designer Series paper for wall decorations and office supplies. So cute!New Decor Elements - Phase 2! Cute!
And I did something that I have never done at a convention before. I attended Awards Night. They changed it to be on the 1st night of convention instead of the last so I thought I would check it out.It was pretty amazing to see what some demos sell in a year. Here is the top US demo. She sold $130K! WOW! And then the entertainment was Tonic Soul-Fa. They were a great group and there is rumor that they are coming to KC close to the holiday. I'm excited! And that is the end of day 2!