1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper...but I don't really have to buy it. I most times using the packing paper that I receive in my Stampin Up boxes! So, thank you for ordering and adding to my stash. If I need more brown paper, I just use the brown wrapping paper in the shipping isle from Target! You get so much for so little! Add a cute bow and you are good to go!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? We usually do this the weekend after Thanksgiving. But we were so busy home-improving this year. So maybe we will get to it this weekend!
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime the beginning of January.
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My scooter
7. Hardest person to buy for? my father-in-law and grandmas
8. Easiest person to buy for? Mom and Mother-in-Law...they like to get free SU merchandise!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No...but we have a class plate that we display that has a nativity scene on it.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? MAIL...and hand stamped! (Still need to work on these!)
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of any.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? ELF is pretty funny!
13.. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I've already started. Hope to finish by this weekend...I love to shop online so that I don't have to leave the house!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Don't think so
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cheesey Potatoes and of course those chocolate graham cracker caramel things my gma makes! They are YUM-O!
16. Lights on the tree? Small White...we have lots of lights!
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night (sung my NSYNC of course)
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? We travel to Louisburg and Kansas City...from Gardner that's not too far!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph! (I think I got them right!)
20. Angel on the tree too or a star? Shiny Silver Star...that's probably one of my favorite things that we bought with a giftcard from our wedding! Love it!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Sam and I usually exchange on Christmas Eve. Then at Sam's parents and mine on Christmas or whenever we can fit it in.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Christmas music starts way too early!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love how my parents have given me an ornament every year since I can't even remember. We write the years on the box and they usually have something to do with what we did that past year. Like when I was in 9th grade and started taking French, I got a little Santa on an Eiffel Tower. And in 2003 when I became a Youth Director at a church I got a Silver Cross. It's fun to put those on the tree and remember what they are for!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Cheesey Potatoes...I make a triple batch so we can fry them up for breakfast in the morning. So yummy!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? The rest of the Twilight series, a giraffe print purse, a planner, and baby girl scrapbook stuff! I'm sure there's more...I just can't think of them now. I really hate to make lists!
If you post this on your blog too...send me a link so I can check it out!
And here is the Baby Girl version! I love the Nursery Necessities stamp set! So cute!
And here is a close up. The color combination for this page is: Pixie Pink, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White.
And here is our baby room. It has (for now) become painting central! The ceiling is painted and we might get some color on the walls this weekend if we can't tile!
And in other news...1 of 3 pieces of the baby furniture arrived this week! The changing table is here and ready to be assembled after painting central is cleared out! YEAH! It's a busy time in our household!
DATE: Monday, November 17th
TIME: 7-9 pm
LOCATION: Kim's House
COST: ONLY $22
Come on out and create a cute calendar for 2009 using the calendar kit that can be found in your new Mini Catalog! This class will include the calendar kit as well as an embellished Chipboard Clipboard to hold the calendar all year long! This calendar would also make a GREAT Christmas present! You are welcome to purchase more than one kit!
If you are unable to attend on the 17th you can plan on making your calendar at the crop on November 22nd (between noon and midnight) OR I can mail the kit to your home for an additional $5 OR if you are in town, we can arrange to get together and get you your kit. (Kit will include all of the items needed to embellish your calendar and clipboard, except glue.)
YOU MUST RSVP by midnight on Wednesday, Nov 5th for this class or purchase of the kit. I will then order the supplies so that they will be here in time for our class. If you RSVP for the class and are unable to attend on the 17th or 22nd you will still be responsible for the purchase of the kit.
To RSVP just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to see you all soon!
I just added a few new items to my blog. You now have a direct link to the Stampin Up catalogs as well as the current specials and a link where it will take you directly to order online! Please check it out and let me know if you have any questions.
**Please note that in order to view anything of the catalogs you will have to have Adobe Acrobat.**
***Please also note that if you are currently in a club or attending a workshop for a freind, those club and workshop orders still need to come through me so that I can add them to the total for the hostess! Online ordering is just for items that you want shipped directly to your home and do not count towards a hostesses order. THANKS!!***
And did you know that the average age of everyone in our theater was probably about 10? I don't think there was one high schooler there. What is up with that?! I would give the movie 3 out of 5 stars...it was a little cheesy...just like the first 2 but of course the dancing and singing was great!
#1 - My hubby left me today. He's headed to AZ to help clean out and pack up his grandparent's house. They used to winter in AZ where it's WARM! But Grandpa passed away just a few weeks ago and they weren't planning on heading back there this year anyway. So part of the family is down there this week to help out and my hubby and his brother are the lucky ones that get to drive the moving truck back to Kansas! So I'm alone all weekend. Drive safely boys!
#2 - Tonight I'm scrapbooking at church. I'm very excited to get to see my girls there and meet a few new people too! I think we will have a good group tonight! I'm still trying to decide what I want to work on tonight...probably finish up my clear album. I will let you know how it goes!
#3 - Tomorrow morning I'm heading to Archiver's with a few freinds to scrapbook all day! Well atleast from 9:30am until 4pm!!! I'm very excited about this. Yeah! I haven't seen Becky in ages and I miss hanging out with her! If anyone wants to join us...just let me know. It's free to crop during the day there! (Except the stuff that you are enticed to buy is not free but I will live!)
#4 - After scrapping on Saturday I'm heading accross the street to DSW to see if I can find some new shoes! I feel like I need something new! And my flip flops just won't work in the snow! Ha Ha!
#5 - Saturday night I'm looking forward to catching up on my shows that I didn't get to watch last night. I know, I know...I missed the best night of TV! The Office AND Grey's Anatomy. So don't tell me what happens!
#6 - Then Sunday I will be heading to church at 9am and hopefully my best freind and her hubby will want to have lunch with me that day! I'm calling her after work to see if they want to.
#7 - THEN (I have an action packed weekend planned)...I will be heading to a Holiday Mart that is being held in KC. I'm excited to look around and try some good food!
#8 - Then hopefully my hubby will be home on Sunday evening. But if not, I plan to curl up and take a nap then wake up to watch Desperate Housewives and maybe The Notebook. (I saw Nights in Rondathe last night. It was good but not nearly as good as The Notebook was. So I'm thinking I need to watch it again!)
#9 - I might also find some time to organize my scrapbook room OR clean our bedroom OR list stuff on Ebay OR clean the bathrooms OR make sure that all scrapbooking stuff is downstairs...it seems to invade the house all the time! So you see...I have tons of options that will take me well into next week!
#10 - I'm headed to Panera right now to have a salad and some potato soup for lunch. YUM!
Look how cute these cards are! I love that little birdie!
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7am. I took a shower last night so I could sleep in this morning!
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds...they sparkle!
3. Last movie you saw at a cinema? Fireproof...very good.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Tie between Grey's and Biggest Loser.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Something that I can take to work with me...today I'm having cinnamon bread and some cereal with milk that I can get from the vending machine!
6. What is your middle name? Brooke
7. What food do you dislike? Meatloaf.
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? I'm really liking Natalie Grant's newest one.
9. What kind of car do you drive? Honda CR-V
10. Favorite sandwich? Turkey with mayo, lettuce, and black olives from Mr. Goodcents = YUM-O!
11. What characteristic do you despise? Laziness or those that give up too easily.
12. Favorite item of clothing? I would have to say...all of my tank tops...I wear one almost every day even in the winter!
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? European cruise
14. Are you an organized person? I try...but there is just so much stuff in our lives that it gets hard at times!
15. Where would you retire to? Where ever my family is.
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? My 27th was spent with family and also my hubby took me to the Melting Pot. It was yummy!
17. What are you going to do when you finish this? get to work...I guess I should be doing that huh?!
18. Farthest place you are sending this? No idea! You let me know.
19. Person you expect to send it back first? i'm not sending this out the normal way but inviting you all to participate. Just send me a link!
20. When is your birthday? January 20th
21 . Morning person or a night person? I think I'm a little of both. I like to get up and get the day started but I always like to stay up late. I guess it just depends on what day it is!
22. What is your shoe size? 8.
23. Pets? I havetwo dogs...Chloe and Gus...gotta love em.
24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Well my little baby girl is half way done! Only 20 more weeks until we get to see her. YEAH!
25. What did you want to be when you were little? a teacher
26. How are you today? Blah. Kinda wish I was at home because I can think of a few things that I should be doing.
27. What is your favorite flower? I love roses of all colors.
28. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? March 4th, 2009...when my baby girl will join us in the world.
29. What are you listening to right now? People in the office talking, clicking of the keyboard, and KLove!
30. What was the last thing you ate? Cinnamon bread and a glass of milk
32. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Pink
33. How is the weather right now? Looks like it might rain and in the 60s
34. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Erica...my little sis...last night
35. Favorite soft drink? Diet Coke with Cherry from Sonic...Only a few more months and I will have one of you...but by then...it might not be my favorite!
36. Favorite restaurant? Jose Peppers...Love their Queso Dip!
37. Hair color? Dark Brown
38. What was your favorite toy as a child? Barbies
39. Summer or Winter? Summer
41. Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla
42. Coffee or tea? Diet Coke!
43. Do you want your friends to email you back? Sure...leave a comment!
44. When was the last time you cried? Last night.
45. What is under your bed? NO telling...Gus likes to hang out under there and he loves paper...so I'm sure there are shreads of paper under there as well as a few other things...but I'm just guessing!
46. What did you do last night? Made Holiday party invites for our corporate party and watch Desperate Housewives.
47. What are you afraid of? Being without my husband
48. Salty or sweet? salty and sweet, I like to switch back and forth.
49. How many keys on your key ring? 5...I think.
50. How many years at your current job? Just 1 as a CSR with Kerry...but 3 as an SU demo!
51. Favorite day of the week? Saturday...I love that it's a day that I can decide what to do!
52. Do you make friends easily? Usually
53. How many people will you send this to? Everyone that reads my blog!
54. How many people will reply? Your guess is as good as mine. I hope at least one of you does this. If you do, leave me a comment so I can run right over to your blog to read your answers.
55. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends? YES. To know them is to love them.
Hope you have a good Monday!
Hubby still has a few boxes to go through to remember what is meaningful to him and hopefully that will be done by the end of the year and we can call the project totally complete!
And another thing that I mentioned was that I was not going to buy a purse all year. While this task as been hard, I have achieved it so far! But I'm thinking in January I should go buy one! What do you all think?
But the real reason that I make faces is that I hate the sound of the scratching on my teeth. You know, when they take that little pokie thing that scrap all of the plaque off of your teeth. That just makes me crazy!
Another thing that I hate is that they try to have a converstaion with you while they have like 20 tools in your mouth. I wonder if they have to take a class in how to have a one-sided conversation. Or maybe classes like, how to ask yes and no questions.
The next thing that happens is that they use that nasty toothpaste that is mixed with sand to polish your teeth. I hate that stuff. There are 2 reasons: 1) They always use peppermint. 2) The texture is just wrong! I'm just glad that everyday toothpaste is smooth and creamy!