8.29.2013

Hiding In My Craft Room: Crafty Spaces Blog Hop

Welcome to the HIMCR Crafty Spaces Blog Hop!  Did you have a fun time seeing Laurie's space?  I know I did!  Thanks for hopping along to my blog to see my craft room that I hide in.  Well sometimes I get to hide, but not often as you will see in the pictures I took last night!
 
I recently moved my craft room to the basement.  I am going to try holding my monthly crop in my basement and decided that it would be better to have EVERYTHING at my finger tips when I have that event than to have to carry it down from the attic bedroom. 
 
Besides that...the attic bedroom is H-O-T in the summer months!  So the basement is just the right temperature to craft the nights away!
 
SO...I don't have everything moved or organized yet.  And I decided to show you all what my room really looks like, rather than clean it up...I'm being real here!
 
Here is my little craft corner.  I have a 5ft. table for myself. Inks close by as well as a Diet Dr. Pepper!  You will get to see all of the things behind my desk up close.  So here we go!

In my new craft space, Brooke (my 4.5 year old daughter) can have her own space to create what she wants.  And usually she holds on tight to my washi tape collection!  I let her use it...when am I EVER going to use it ALL!

This group of shelves behind my chair is home to some embellishments, some cardstock, some designer papers, adhesives and some tools...basically things I use often but don't want to have them cluttering my desk!

Here is a close up of my messy table!  You know it's a good craft session when you have a little mess to share with the world!

Next you get to peek inside that cabinet that is behind me.  This is where all of my stamps are kept!  You will also see my tote that I use for all of my tools at crops and Stampin' Up! events.  On the middle shelf you will find my retired stamp sets that I just can't part with!
 
And the top shelf is all of the current Stampin' Up! stamp sets!  Can you believe I have so many...YIKES!!!  But I do earn a lot of them for free, being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

Over to my left you will find my scrap drawers.  I really try to use them up!  AND you will see my NEW envelope punch board on that shelf underneath my scraps!  I love that thing!

If you were to sit in my chair, this is what you would see.  It's not a pretty space...it's an un-finished basement that is also a storage facility, laundry room, gym and playroom!  But it works for me!

One of the best things about my new set up is that I can craft while my two year old plays just a few feet away!  I LOVE IT!
 
I hope that you will continue on our hop and click here to see Jennie's Crafty Space!  So glad that you all stopped by!  Come back Saturday to see more HIMCR goodness!



Blog Hop Order:

Kim from Stamping with Kim 
Jennie from Jenscrapstoo
Melanie - Afternoon Scrapper

19 comments:

Melanie Rozwood said...

I like how bright and open your space is, especially for a basement location.

Unknown said...

You have such an amazing space to craft!! I love that the kids are welcome and have there own little "stations"!! Thanks for sharing your amazing creative space! Hugs and sunshine

Laurie HIMCR said...

I love it! I love the wide open space! I'm so jealous! I want a basement with a play area for the kids! LOVE IT! The only thing I would change is the Dr Pepper! Diet, GROSS! :)

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a great craft and multipurpose area you have. That's the beauty of basements. Looks like you're little one is well on the way to being a crafter. Your table looks just like mine after a good working session, so I felt right at home here. TFS.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

WoW! Love your space! Look at all that Washi Tape! Carri~Abusybee

Claire Spielman said...

You have the best of both worlds...places to craft for your beautiful daughter and you and a place for the little one to make a mess! LOL
Thanks for sharing and Happy Crafting!!
Creative Wishes
Claire S
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Karon said...

Wonderful space and you do have a lot of colourful washi tape :-) Great use of the space! TFS

Unknown said...

AWESOME space! And your right..good crafty sessions have good mess's to be shared :)

Norma Gomez said...

I think it's great that your little ones get to play and create in your space too. Thanks so much for keepin it real ;D Wonderful space!!

Divya said...

Kim: I like i like i like your table as it is because thats exactly how my table looks.. a little messy..but its so easy to work when everything is right infront of your eyes..Lol

Love
Divya
http://pinkpapercastle.blogspot.in/

Mary Ann said...

Awesome place to work at,love the room!!!

Chriss America Real said...

Great space! I love that you let your daughter use you washi tape. When my little 6 yr old next door neighbor comes to visit, she always wants to use it too!

Hugs,
Chriss
www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com
america57@comcast.net

Brenda Wooten Porter said...

I love your crafty space! and I love that you share it with your daughter and the kids have a place to play! my basement is unfinished but I use the bonus room for my crafty place! thanks for sharing

Jenscrapstoo said...

Such a fabulous craft space, I have craft space envy!!

Carmen said...

Awesome space! Isn't it great that your kids have their own space close by.

D- said...

Love your space. thanks for sharing it with us.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Sunni said...

Can I play with your tape, too?

Sunni said...

Can I play with your tape, too?

Annmakes said...

Yes, your craft room looks so real, and that makes me feel good. My own space is in the basement too and it never is really tidy because if it is that means I am not crafting! Thanks for the peek.