5.21.2011

5/20 - April Club Layout

Last month for club, my hostess wanted to try out Embedded Embossing. I had just started seeing it aroun the blog world so I had some research to do. But I learned more about it and came up with this cute layout for my club members to complete.



My pictures on it are all from New Year's Eve last year. We have a party at our house every year and this year did not disappoint!!


The Embedded Embossing technique was used on 3 squares on the right side of the layout. This first one was made using a 3"x3" piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, using the Hearts & Brackets die to cut out the cute heart, and then after gluing those pieces together I used the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder to give it the pattern. After that was all done, I added the pearls.



This square was created using the new Triple Layer Punch: Blossom Bouquet (#122464, $23.95, page 6 of the mini). Then I used the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder to add the texture. After all of that was done, we sponged a little white ink over the top of the tops to help them stand out a little more.




And this last square was created using DSP from the Brights DSP Stack. We punched the circle with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch. Then we used the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder to give it the texture.


This was a fun technique and I hope you like the new punch that is featured on this page!!!


No comments: