12.06.2012

Stylin' Stampin' Blog Hop: December

 
It's time for another blog hop!  If you are just starting out...the list of blog hop participants is at the bottom of this post.  If you are joining me from Darcy's blog...WELCOME!  Aren't her projects so cute?!
 
This month we are focusing on Holiday Items.  I didn't have time to create a 3D item this month so I am showing you 3 Christmas cards that I have recently made.  I am in the process of getting ready for my Christmas Card Stamp-a-Stack...2 out of 3 of these cards are for that event!  I hope you enjoy!
 
I started this card with a Crumb Cake card base.  The chevron pattern was embossed on vellum and stapled to the card base.  I used the Festival of Prints DSP Pack to create the tree...just free-handed the triangles with scissors.  I love the finishing touch of the silver glimmer star!  Don't you?
 
Tree idea from Pinterest.

This little penguin from the No Peeking stamp set is one of my very favorites of the season! 
 
I started this card with a Cherry Cobbler card base.  I used the First Edition and Be of Good Cheer DSP packs.  I colored the penguin stamp using markers and then stamped and cut it out.  He's kind of a hard one to cut out but he is one of those stamps that just calls out for it! 

My last card this month was also inspired by Pinterest!  Love this sketch!
 
I started this card with a Gumball Green cardstock base.  The designer papers come from the Be of Good Cheer DSP pack.  And don't you just love these Handmade Holidays Stitched Felt Ornaments?!  I think they just add the perfect touch to this (or any) card!
 
Please make sure to stop by Terry's blog next and continue on through the whole hop.  There are such great projects out there today!
 
 
Blog Hop Participants:
  1. Shellie G. of Creative Electica
  2. Annie L. of Love Me Cards
  3. Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun!
  4. Nancy B. of Lady Stamps-A-Lot
  5. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
  6. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  7. Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
  8. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  9. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
  10. Terry B of Goin' Over the Edge
  11. Justin K of JK Cards
  12. Heidi B of Stuck on Stampin'
  13. Jennifer B of NW Stamper


 
 

13 comments:

Stampin Dj said...

Love your cards!

Terry said...

Cute cards and great timing - my last Christmas 10-card class of the year is tomorrow night! And I have time to CASE. lol

Merry Christmas!

Hugs,

Terry

Tonya said...

Cute cards Kim, I really like the tree one and yes the star is perfect on top. Thanks for sharing.

Pat T. said...

Cute projects! Thank you for sharing!

Dawn's Creative Chalet said...

I love your cards!!! Hmm.. I have to CASE these too!!! Thank you for some awesome ideas!!!

Anonymous said...

Great projects! I LOVE that christmas tree card! :-)

Jackie Rockwell said...

These are all so much FUN Kim! I especially love the super cute patterned paper Christmas tree!!!

Annie Lee said...

Oh, these are super cute and totally reproducible! I still need to make our own family holiday cards. Perhaps I should steal one of these ideas. :)

Unknown said...

I like all of your cards but I think my favorite one is the tree. Although... the penguin card is really cute too. :)

Heidi @ Stuck on Stampin said...

These cards seem like great ways to use up all those little scraps of DSP I can't bear to throw away! ;) Love that "No Peeking" penguin, too. Just wish I would have gotten that set before it was too late...too many stamp set options! :)

Nancy B said...

Such beautiful cards! I will never throw out another scrap of DSP! ;-)

brrenwick said...

Great cards! The tree card is so cute!

Jennifer Blomquist said...

I love that No Peeking card! It is super cute. I also love the variety in styles you shared on this hop... fun and unique 3 cards. :) Thanks for sharing the great ideas!