For this layout I wanted to use these clear letters. I have had them for a few months now and I haven't had the perfect place to use them so I figured that this layout would be the place. I really like them. I took a permanent marker to the edges so that they would stand out...I'm too impatient for paint!
Mine started on Saturday (the day before Mother's Day) when I received this card from Jessica. She is working with a student ministry training and discipleship program at our church called Kairos. She has been on staff with them for almost 2 full years after completing the program. She has also lived with us for those past 2 years.
I guess we aren't the traditional host parents. We are younger (a few years older than Jess) and are more like roommates than parents. But it's a family joke that we are her parents and sometimes it's fun to play like she is our daughter. I can only hope that my kids turn out like her! She is super.
Anyway...She left to go out of town for 3 weeks and she left me this card for Mother's Day!
The CD takes you through the story to a certain extent but it doesn't fill in the gaps. So you kinda make them up as you are listening. You think that this is what happens, you think that might happen, and so on.
Well from the beginning of the musical I knew that I had it all wrong in my head. I had it pegged as a drama and it was a total comedy. I think that misconception came from starting to read the book. I didn't really get all that into the book. It was hard to read. But I loved the twist that they put on it for the musical! It was more my style!
This card was created by Jessica, my neighbor and stamp club member! She used the patterned paper that you can get as a Level 1 hostess gift. She also used the hostess stamp set, For a Friend to create the words of her focal point. She had two embellishment: Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon and a cute jewel brad for the middle of her flower. So cute!
This was a fun challenge. I will have another one this week! Thanks for playing along and I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Ever since 7th grade we have talked about our wedding days. She got to experience mine 4 years ago and I'm so glad that I now get to experience hers! It should be so much fun! I have been working out and really watching what I've been eating so hopefully the dress is a little looser than the last time I tried it on! I will keep you posted! And...congrats Kristin!
13 MORE DAYS until we set sail on The Vision of the Seas!
I'm so excited! Although there is a lot to do. I still need to research a few hot spots for each location so that we know what we are doing when we get off the boat. Or maybe we will just wing it! HA! Either way...I'm very excited to get to spend Sunday to Sunday on vacation with my husband! YEAH!
78 MORE DAYS until I go to SLC for the SU Convention!
So if you are in the SLC area OR you will be attending convention this year, we need to schedule something so that we can hang out!
The Stampin Up Convention. After last year in Denver I had decided that I didn't need to spend any money on Convention in 2008 because I had already been to Salt Lake City. But they started saying all these great things like, "It's the 20th Anniversary celebration and you don't want to miss it." "Convention Attendees will get to see the new catalog first." I have to admit it, Stampin Up really knows how to peak my interest!
So I got online and found a roommate, Tina. I'm very excited to meet her and we are still looking for two more roommates so if you know of anyone needing a room, please let me know. I signed up for Track 6 like my roomie did. And now I just have to get ready to be with all of these crazy people...
I was looking at the Crate & Barrel website because, let's just face it, their stuff is really cute. Well I stumbled upon this chair that is much to expensive for me to buy. BUT... it's not too expensive for me to pull from this picture a great color combination in order to make a card!!!
The colors are Black, White, (you can add basic gray in if you want to), and Wild Wasabi!
Here are the other specifications of the challenge. You must use: 1 style of patterned paper (if you need to use a background stamp to make your own you can do that too), Letters (no images), at least 1 embellishment (brads, ribbon, something cute), and a tool that you haven't used in a while.
Have fun with this and send your creations to email@example.com by Sunday at midnight and I will post them all for next week's WOO HOO Wednesday! You have all weekend to create! HAVE FUN!
What was I doing 5 years ago?
May 2003...I was just getting ready to start 2 months of summer school and then I would graduate! And...I'm pretty sure that I was planning a wedding somewhere in there too!
Five things on my to-do list today (or things I did today):
1. Clean up the dining and family rooms...and when I say clean I mean clutter and dust!
2. Watch Grey's Anatomy.
3. Have fondue with my hubby, roommate, and sister...should be a fun time!
4. Pack my stuff for scrapbooking tomorrow.
5. Get some sleep!
Five snacks I love:
2. String Cheese
3. Blueberry Cheerios (direct from the plant...we coat the flavored ones here and we get a whole bag that is just coated ones...it's much better than having them mixed with the healthy ones!)
4. Granola bars
5. Candy...although I don't eat it often these days.
Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Tithe to church and give extra to missionaries that we support.
2. Order one of everything in the Stampin Up catalog.
3. Build my dream house.
4. Hire someone to clean my new house...even pick up my clutter...that would be so nice!
5. Of course I would build "The Scrap Nook". This is a building that Colette, Margie, and I have been dreaming about for years! We would all have individual stations that we would have all of our stuff in that we would never have to pack up and haul everything to a crop ever again! There would also be facilities for us to host our crops and for other events. We would have a fenced in playground in the back with supervisors for the kiddos. AND...(we just came up with this one 2 weeks ago) we would have a Sonic fountain for those yummy Sonic drinks that we love so much!
Five bad habits I have:
1. I'm a nail bitter.
2. I procrastinate.
3. I would rather scrapbook than clean my house...good thing the hubby doesn't have high standards either!
4. I am addicted to too much TV!
5. I blog and work...ha ha!
Five places I have lived:
1. Gardner, KS
2. Kansas City, MO
3. Maryville, MO
4. Kansas City, MO
5. Grandview, MO
Five jobs I've had:
1. Customer Service Rep with Kerry
2. Customer Service Rep with ADM
3. Stampin Up Demonstrator!!!!!
4. Youth Director
5. Lifeguard/Swim Instructor...for 9+ years...and LOVED it!
B: Best Friend: Samuel Hunter Ryden. I know that seems a little cheesy but he really is my best freind. He's the one that I can't wait to spend time with and that understands me the best.
C: Cake or Pie: White cake...yum!
D: Day of Choice: Saturday
E: Essential Item: Chapstick!
F: Favorite Color: Right now I have to say that I'm loving Taken with Teal. I love to scrapbook with it and I love, love, love to wear it!
G: Greatest Accomplishments: Awards I received in college for Residence Hall stuff, graduating college.
H: Hometown: Kansas City, MO
I: Indulgences: Candy...it's just too good!
J: January or July: January. It's the start of a brand new year which brings about new resolutions for the year. While these resolutions may not make it through the year, they usually make it through January! Plus my birthday is in January.
K: There was no "K" (the best letter of the alphabet) so I'm saying "K" is for Kim!
L: Life is Incomplete Without: SCRAPBOOKING!
M: Marriage Date: March 20, 2004
N: Number of Siblings: 1 sister, Erica (I also have a bro-in-law, Jer and his wife Val and a sis-in-law, Krystal...they count too)
O: Oranges or Apples: Pink Lady Apples
P: Phobias or Fears: I have a fear of being startled. Does that make sense? I don't like it when people sneak up on me or hide from me in order to scare me (Sam)...I think he will stop that now...last time he did it he scared me so much that I started crying! HA!
Q: Quotes: My favorite is "Live, Laugh, Love."
R: Reasons to Smile: Day day off work, scrapbooking, weddings, seeing Samuel, taking pictures.
T: Tag Four Friends: Any one who wants to do this.
U: Unknown Fact About Me: I don't know that there is very much that is unknown about me. Hmmm....In college me and my roommate lived in room 420 our freshman year. We decided that we would have a different kind of 420 party to celebrate. We had the party on 4/20 @ 4:20 in our room, 420 Perrin Hall. Although we just had cookies, pop, and freindly conversation. And to this day we make sure that we tell each other "Happy 420" on 4/20. It's a bond that I will never forget!
V: Very Favorite Store: TARGET! I could spend hours in there looking for the best deals! It's rather addicting...Target stuff.
W: Worst Habit: Diet Coke with cherry from Sonic OR biting my nails.
X: X-ray or Ultrasound: Well...I've never had an ultrasound. And I've only ever had xrays of my teeth and I hate going to the dentist and paying for xrays. So I'm going to go with ultrasound on this one!
Y: Your Favorite Food: I love anything Mexican...YUM!
Z: Zodiac: Capricorn
2) This guy came in about an hour ago and wanted to know what the price was for everything that we had for sale. That caught me off guard a little so I was like, "What are you going to do with all of this stuff?" He said, "I was just saying that to see what you would say." Ok crazy man! And then the funny thing is that he didn't buy anything at all...NOT one thing!
3) I'm tired. I need a nap!
4) Tomorrow is also going to be a long day...I have a shower in the morning for my freind that is getting married and then at night we are having her Bachelorette Party! WOO HOO!
5) We just sold 2 picture frames, lotion, body spray, and notecards for a total of 50 cents! We are cheap!
6) I know that I didn't post anything for WOO HOO Wednesday. To be honest, I was really busy that night cleaning out my crawl space and I was too tired to post anything. But I do have one card and I promise that I will post it this weekend! PROMISE!
7) The wind needs to stop blowing! I mean...it blew a speaker over! Come on! But we are really getting our exercise today going and running after things and picking them up to put back on tables.
8) One of my garage sale customers said, "How long have you lived here?" I said about 4 years. She said, "We looked at this house when it was on the market." I told her that I was glad that she didn't buy it! HA!
9) It's May 2nd and it's freezing outside. Yesterday it was 80 and today it's probably 60 with a cold wind blowing! BRrrr... My sister is covered up with a blanket! Brrrr...
10) It's Friday! What more could you ask for?!!!!