9.04.2012

Color Challenge #1

In the Stampin Up world, we have groups of demonstrators and I just happen to be in the Klompen Stampers group, lead for Jackie Bolhuis.  Jackie wanted to start a postion of Inspiration Coordinator to get her group inspired to stamp every single week and I was choosen to fill that position!  I'm so excited to bring you our first challenge...feel free to play along, even if you aren't in our group!

My first card uses NEW items from the Holiday Catalog!  The Chevron paper comes from the NEW Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP pack (and is actually Tangerine Tango...but it works).  The Early Espresso cardstock was dry embossed using the NEW Woodgrain Embossing Folder.  And the leaves come from the NEW stamp set, Wonderfall!
My second card is one of my absolute favorites!  I have been willing Stampin Up to make a hexagon punch for about a year now!  They don't have one.  So how did I make these cute hexagons??!!  I used My Digital Studio.  Stampin Up DOES have a digital hexagon punch that you can add to your collection for only $0.95!  Then I just filled the hexagons in with DSP and print them out on Whisper White cardstock and here you go!
The Button Buddies stamp set was just perfect for this color combination.  And the sentiment from the Friendly Phrases stamp set makes it so this card can be used for almost any occassion this fall!
Hope you enjoyed this Color Challenge.  If you play along, leave me a comment here so I can check out your fall creations!

1 comment:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Congrats on your new position and your wonderful Fall themed cards. Love the hexagon. I too wish Stampin' Up! actual made a real life one, but thanks for the reminder about the digi tool.