9.10.2012

Technique Challenge #1

For my job of Inspiration Coordinator, week 2 of the month is a Technique Challenge.  This week we are trying out: Embossing on Designer Series Paper (DSP).
 
The first card started with a Crub Cake card base.  I then used a piece of Pool Party DSP and dry embossed it with the Chevron Embossing Folder.  The bow was made using some Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon.
 
The scallop was made out of Early Espresso cardstock with the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch.  Then I layered a piece of Lucky Limeade DSP cut out using the 1-3/4" Circle Punch.  The butterfly was stamped with the Papillon Potpourri stamp set in Pool Party ink and then punch out using the Elegant Butterfly Punch.  The Jewel Rhinestones finish it off just perfectly!
 
My second card started with a Tangerine Tango card base.  I then heat embossed the leaves from the Wonderfall stamp set on a piece of DSP from the Howlstooth and Scaringbone pack.  I used white embossing powder.
 
I finished this card off with a little Crumb Cake cardstock layer, Linen Thread, a Basic Black Button, and a stamped Tangerine Tango leaf!
 
I hope you enjoy my cards this week!  If you want to join in this challenge with us and emboss on your DSP, put a link in my comments.  I would love to see what you are creating!

1 comment:

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE all your projects lately, Kim, and these are no exception! I just scrolled down and realized that I've missed a lot. So sorry!