7.30.2008

The New Catalog...

Ok...here goes. I have had a chance to really look through the catalog twice now and as I write this post I will be going through it again. I just wish you could all be here with me as I'm looking at the new catalog!


The first thing I would like to tell everyone is that this catalog is running from August 11th until January 18th. So it looks like we will have another great catalog just in time for my birthday on January 20th!! YEAH!!


Here you will see the cover. It's very pretty with some of the new In Colors on the front. And you will see that one edge is spiral bound...that is just special for demonstrators that attend convention. However the other edge looks like it was cut using the new Scallop Edge punch. We are wondering if that is just special for convention attendees as well or if they will all be that way?! We will just have to wait and see!


Now...on to the stamp sets! There are a lot of new Halloween sets. Some new Christmas. (And just remember that all of the NEW stamp sets are going to be die cut! YEAH!) There are sections in the catalog between the stamp set categories that show techniques like tying a perfect bow and heat embossing and others. I think that's pretty neat!


I thought that this set was so cute. It's called Cheers to You and it has a bunch of alcoholic drinks! Perfect for a party or New Years invitation. And it was just shocking because I didn't think that Stampin Up would ever do something like that!


There wasn't too many new stamp sets in the Growing Up section. I'm so excited that Tart and Tangy is in the catalog (along with the paper that was in the mini!).



I love this background stamp. It's called Classifieds. It's so cute...Here are some examples of the statements on it: "Needed ASAP. Bridge needed to cross the distance between us. Miss You." AND "One Day Only. Chocolate cake with more candles than last year, balloons, party hats, & tons of presents. Wish list available upon request. Call 555-BDAY for details." So CUTE!


Then there is this double-mounted background stamp for only $26.95. On one side you get a calendar for the week and on the other side you get a to do list that even has little boxes to check complete! I love it!


I'm seeing a lot of square images that might make me want to get the square punches!


There aren't too many new alphabet sets. There is a cute mini alphabet that has the full numbers 1-31 that would be great for the Calendar background that I already have!

There are all new papers and Simply Scrappin kits! I love them all...almost. I think the papers are posted on boards I will just have to see if I can get pictures of them tomorrow. New rubons too! And new chipboard.

There are no new albums. No new colors. No new sizes. No bringing back the 8.5x11...sorry mom!


I think these new metal clips and brads are SO cute!


And there are new ribbons! YEAH! Look at that cute 1" Double stiched ribbon! It comes in Real Red, Baja Breeze, Bashful Blue, and Chocolate Chip.


Check out this cute button assortment! So cute!


And more ribbon!

And here is the back of the catalog! If you have questions just post a comment or email and I will get to them soon!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the wonderful info and pictures! I can't wait to get my hands on my catty! I love the classified background stamp! I also love the idea of new DP. Are there any sports stamp sets? What about new sentiment sets? I am super jealous that you are there...have I said that yet?

I just read on the SU website that we can order a copy of the catalog tomorrow on a demo order and we will get it quicker than our complimentary copy. I can't decide if I should just wait or not!

Missy Owen said...

Thanks for the pictures!

Is the Calendar background stamp still there?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics. Can you show us a pic of the alphabets if possible?

Anonymous said...

You rock! Thanks for the way cool pics!
If you know and can spare a moment - can you tell me what's in the starter kit in the new catty? (Still craft scissors / new stamps sets / etc?)
Thanks either way!

Anonymous said...

OK--bummer about the 8.5 x 11 still not available. What will I do??? My questions...any coffee stamps? What about food related...you know for our gourmet club scrapbook? I heard on SCS that there's a new sympathy/get well stamp set. What does that look like? And... I am liking that alcoholic drink celebration set! That's all my questions for now!
Have fun!
Love,
Mom

Tabitha said...

I am really like the to do list double mounted set! Can't wait to get my hands on that one!

There is so many exciting things going on! Can't wait to see the new catty!

Thanks for taking the time to share!!1