1.24.2013

CAS-ual Fridays #86: Long and Short

It's been a while since I played in a challenge instead of designing for one.  So today, I thought I would go ahead and play along with CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #86.  The challenge this week is "Long and Short".  Create a card that isn't standard size but has one longer side and one shorter side.
 
Here is my card...
 
I used a Crumb Cake cardstock base (Stampin Up).  The cute chevron heart came from the Hearts a Flutter stamp set (Stampin Up).  The banner behind the heart is a sticker by Recollections.  Stickers with the sentiment "be mine" are by Basic Grey.  Then I added a little grey button (Fancy Pants) and tied a little bow in white thread (Stampin Up).

Here is my card next to a tradiational sized card front.  I love how little and cute it is!
 
If you have some time, play along with CAS-ual Fridays Challenges...they are always fun!

 
Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Lisa A. said...

What a wonderful card, Kim!! What a simply lovely Valentine's Day card!! Your layout and elements are sweet and simple with great use of color and patterns!! So happy you were a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Mary J said...

Brilliant! Love the use of colour and layout!