8.25.2009

Cards from Colorado

Well as you know, my family just went on a trip to Colorado. We rented a cabin. "Where?" you ask. In the middle of no where. It was really nice and before we left my mom (a fellow stamper) and I decided that we should bring some stamping stuff. Cause I mean, what if we got bored looking a the mountians or something. Nah...it was really because if we left all of our stuff at home...it would get lonely!

So we both created 2 cards (one Christmas and one generic). Then we cut out enough pieces for the other person to make 5 of each card. So we left the week with 20 completed cards! WOO HOO!

This first card is my mom's Christmas card. I love this color combo! Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, and Bashful Blue. She used the stamp set Thoughts & Prayers (#113252, $25.95 USD) and also some great Tafeta Ribbon (found on page 183 of the IB&C, $6.95 USD).

Here is her generic card. I made a few birthday and a few thank you! She used the lovely Kraft cardstock! The stamp set is one that I had overlooked in the catalog, Hello Again (#113780, $12.95 USD). I love the little flower and the cute butterfly!

Here is my Christmas card. I used the stamp sets Circle Circus (#115778, $28.95) and Christmas Greetings 9#115448, $10.95 USD). Also used some great silver cord that will be available in the new mini on September 1st! I love Circle Circus. It really is the most versatile set I have purchased in a LONG TIME!

And this is the last card...by me! I used the Great Friend stamp set (#113792, $17.95 USD) and also a little of the Throughly Modern DSP (#115673, $9.95 USD). I love using DSP for cards. It is a great way to add a hint of design and texture to a card or scrapbook page!

Hop you enjoyed our cards! If you want to check out more details of our Colorado trip, click here.

No comments: