10.13.2012

HIMCR #67: Super Scraps Saturday

Well it's my first ever Super Scraps Saturday with Hiding In My Craft Room!  I was excited to get started on this challenge but didn't really know what to do.  I don't tend to lean towards scraps to start a card or scrapbook page.  BUT, I did this time and it was fun!
 
I decided to walk into my messy scrap room and just look at what I had on my messy table and use that!  I instantly found my green scallop negative image to my right.  So that is what I built the card around!  See it in the picture above?  I used that piece of paper to punch the scallop on this card.

In addition to my messy table, I would like to show you how I store all of my scraps.  These drawers can easily hold scraps as big as 8.5x12.  Perfect!  I have them labeled: Red/Orange/Pink, Green/Yellow, Blue/Purple, White/Cream/Kraft, Black/Brown (and it should also say Gray), and Patterned Paper.  I love this way of storage!  So easy to find what I'm looking for. 

Up close of a drawer.
 
And here's my card! 
I started with a Crumb Cake card base.  I pulled this from my new cardstock BUT, I do often have a card size piece in my scraps...just didn't have the color I wanted this time!  Crumb Cake goes fast around here!
 
The patterned papers were hanging  out on my desk from these projects!  I added them and a little bit of washi tape...I'm obsessed!  Then I layered the green negative scallop on a Very Vanilla piece of cardstock. 
 
I finished up with a BIG blue button tied with twine and a sentiment "Hope Your Day Is Fabulous".

2 comments:

Jenscrapstoo said...

Love it Kim, simple stylish and wonderful!! Cheers Jennie

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Great card!! I love how you have your scraps organized!
Angela