4.14.2010

March Cards - Pt. 1

This month when I created my 10 cards for $15, I challenged myself to use stamp sets and supplies that I rarely get my hands on. Here are the first 2 cards that I came up with...

I made a petal template with the large petal in the Pick A Petal stamp set, traced and cut out 8 petals on DSP. Then stamped the outlined petal with Stazon on a transparency sheet. Let those dry completely and then cut then out. I put a large glue dot on top of the DSP and then stuck the transparency petals in it. Then added another one on top of the petals and stuck the button down. I think it would also be fun to have a few fabric petals in there!

SUPPLIES: Cardstock: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White. Ink: Stazon-Jet Black. Stamp Sets: Pick A Petal, Thank You Kindly. DSP from the Sweet Pea 12x12 pad, Kraft corduroy button, twine, pop-up glue dots and transparencies.



This card was really easy! Just stamp and piece together! I did cut out the chocolate chip flower that has skinny petals and wanted to add a dimensional to it. So I cut out a whisper white circle with a punch and adhered it to the back. Easy!


SUPPLIES: Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White. Ink: Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Real Red, Chocolate Chip. Stamp Sets: Simply Said. Dimensionals, Real Red brad, and Old Olive satin ribbon!


More tomorrow!


No comments: