2.22.2012

February Scrapbook Club: Scoring

So I was looking at all of the scrapbooking stuff, thinking of what I would pack first when I came across a BIG box of layouts that I have made over the past year that haven't made it into albums yet.  I didn't count them but there are A LOT here!

So I thought it was time to get started posting some of them online!

The first layout was not in this stack.  It is the layout that we just completed a few days ago in club.

The theme this month was scoring and I have to tell you that I don't use scoring too much in my crafting so it was a good way to introduce something new into my pages.

Here is the first page.  We used the new scoring tool to add texture to a few pieces of DSP and also to create that cute yo-yo with the button on top!

To make the yo-yo, we took a 1" x 12" piece of DSP and scored it every 1/4".  Then you acordian fold it, tape the ends together wtih sticky strip or snail and adhere to your cardstock base using a big glue dot and a little bit of sticky strip.  I then used another big glue dot to stick the button on top.

You might also be able to tell that there is a vertical line scored on the white and red DSP strip.  If you can't see it in the picture, you would be able to see it up close.  It just adds a little extra pop to the design.

Some of my favorite new Stampin Up items are: Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon (122975) and Silver Mini Brads (122941).  They are both just SO CUTE!

On this second page, we scored the orange piece of DSP both vertically and horizontally between the "X" pattern.  I love the look of it up close...although you can't really see in the pictures.

Supplies Used - Cardstock: Crumb Cake, DSP: Everyday Enchantment (Sale-a-Bration Item), Mini Brads, Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon, Crumb Cake Button (Retired).

1 comment:

natasha said...

Love the LO! I'll probably be CASEing that. :). I want to look through that stack to get some inspiration. I can show you my club LOs but they may not be as good as yours. :)